What to look for......
-emotional and physical exhaustion
-increased use of alcohol/drugs
There are a few things you can do to help cope during this difficult time.
1. Limit your time on social media and other forms of news outlets. While it is important to stay updated, to much bad news is depressing and can make you feel hopeless.
2. Establish a daily routine. It is easy to stay in our pajamas all day when we have nowhere to go. Set the alarm for the same time everyday, shower, and get dressed. You will feel better if you take care of yourself.
3. Incorporate different forms of activity into your day. Go outside and walk, jog or bike when the weather is nice. Practice yoga or take part in an online exercise class on rainy days.
4. Stay connected to friends and family with technology. Social interaction is vital to our well-being.
5. Reach out for help if you feel like you are not coping well on your own!